WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of information we depend on whether you are a potential and/or existing business client, a Deltec website user, and potential/existing applicants for a position within Deltec.
Information You Provide Directly
We collect information that you provide us directing including when you contact us using our “Contact Us” form on the website, send us an e-mail, or telephone conversations. Information you directly provide us include but are not limited to;
- Your first, middle, and last name
- The organization/company you work
- Company registration certificate, permits, etc
- Your job role/title
- Work and/or personal e-mail address
- Work and/or personal telephone number
- Physical address (work and/or personal)
- IP address
- Educational background
- Employment history
- Your resume (CV)
- Information in your cover letter and
- Information in your e-mails including videos, pictures, documents, and folders.
Information We Collect Automatically
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Web pages you view on our website
- The time, date, and duration of your visits
Information from Third Party
We may receive additional information about you from other publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law. For example, following us on any of our social media accounts means we have access to your social media username.
HOW WILL DELTEC COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Through requests or inquiries to Deltec through e-mail, social media sites, or affiliated blogs.
- Through a subscription to a Deltec newsletter, blog, or other marketing-related messages.
- Through your access to Deltec websites (cookies may be placed on your computer or mobile device).
- Through a business event or conference.
- In-person (for example, if you provide your business card to a Deltec employee).
- Provisions of services for or otherwise contracting with Deltec.
- Through the development of business partnerships.
- On the occasion of visiting Deltec offices, facilities, or accessing Deltec systems.
- Through direct contact with Deltec by telephone (voice over IP (VOIP) telephones may capture your Personal Information).
- From public sources, such as internet searches, your company website, and social media sites (such as LinkedIn and Twitter through questions, answers, comments, and retweets between you and Deltec).
- Directly from you when you provide it in your resume (CV) in the context of a job application.
- From Deltec Careers webpages.
- From references you provide.
- From references received from third parties such as education institutions or your current or past employers.
- From employment checks, including from publicly available sources, such as Google and LinkedIn.
WHAT DOES DELTEC USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Deltec uses the Personal Information it is provided with for legitimate business purposes which include:
- To contact You: To send you tailored information about Deltec’s services, events, news that may be of interest to you, to manage WSP’s business relationship with you or your employer.
- Performance of a Contract: To issue communications or billings around projects, contracts, or joint endeavours to pursue or contract for work, to evaluate prospective service providers, To provide professional services. Where we enter into or perform a contract for the provision of products or services, we may need to collect and process your data so that we can meet our contractual obligations. This also applies to any pre-contract activity, such as providing a quote or details regarding the products or services that you have expressed an interest in
- To manage Your requests: To help direct your inquiry to the appropriate Deltec department, To answer any inquires or requests you make, to further communicate with you on any matter relating to your inquiry or request, to answer questions and inquires related to services of either party
- Regulatory or Legal Obligations: To comply with our regulatory or legal obligations such as keeping records of sales and transactions and any associated tax records, to investigate and prevent fraud or misconduct
- Business Performance: To otherwise conduct everyday business activities, such as business development, business planning, strategic reviews, statistical, evaluation, and reporting purposes, defending legal.
- Employment: To consider your application and assess your suitability for the position applied for or for other suitable positions that might match your profile, To check/obtain information or references about you from third parties, To inform you of job opportunities, forums, actions, or publications that might be of interest to you, as requested, to review and assess WSP’s hiring policies, practices, and statistics, to enter into an employment relationship with you.
- Business Transfer: To engage you as a business partner, to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred
- Marketing: Marketing our services to you, helps us personalize content and ads, and analyze website traffic. to analyze how users use the Site and related analysis, research, reporting, and troubleshooting.
WHO WILL DELTEC SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
To the extent consistent with applicable law, we may share your personal information in the following situations;
- With business partners; to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With Clients: where you are a business provider
- With third-party Service Providers; such as companies that provide us technical support, data hosting, and other services such as our website providers, IT providers, lawyers in connection with actual or threatened litigation, and auditors.
- For business transfer; if we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or the event of a bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation. In such cases, due notifications, as required by law, will be made.
- With other users; when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures, and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- Employment: Third parties contacted by Deltec to verify your information and to obtain references such as your previous employers or education institutions.
- with other parties: when required by law or as necessary to provide or protect our services, products, and other offerings. For example, we may need to disclose information with other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement; to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies and terms governing our Services; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees;
- With your consent; when you or your company or organization consent to or request such sharing.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
Deltec will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at Deltec’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please Contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.